.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Luxor

I am sitting in an internet cafe in Luxor, Egypt. We got in yesterday at 3:30 in the morning, went to our hotel and slept til nine then went to look at Temples. The ruins here are pretty impressive. I took so many pictures yesterday.

Today we went to the Valley of Kings and the Valley of Queens. It was impressive as well.

It's amazing how much effort was put into honouring the dead and preparing the body for afterlife. I feel I need a course on Egptian history and mythology now.

The only thing wrong with this place is how much the men hassle. It's quite disgusting but I won't go into too much detail. Last night a man offered me chickens in exchange for Jenna, who he assumed is my daughter. That's right, I could have 20 chickens right now and Jenna could have an Egyptian husband. We have neither, life is good.

I will update soon, with some gorgeous pictures. This place is truly beautiful. Nile River, palm trees, grass, flowers, sugar cane.

Tonight we're on the train to Cairo and tomorrow night on a stupidly late flight into Tel Aviv. Cannot wait!!!

masaalam

2 Comments:

  • WOW Ramona! I've always wanted to go to Egypt. Can't wait to see the photos!

    By Blogger The Kruger Family, at 11:35 AM  

  • Hey Ramona. Hope you are well (lucky duck!) I hope to peruse your photos over the long weekend. Have fun!

    By Blogger Anon, at 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home