.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Friday, January 26, 2007

A lovely day in Kuwait!?!

After a week of insomnia, I finally feel rested and rejuvinated. I made a conscious decision to commit to nothing for the mornings of the weekend, so I was able to relax, do lots of yoga, listen to music, play guitar, bake focaccia bread, clear my head. It's been great.

Wednesday night was Folk Club and a few guys did a rousing rendition of Abracadabra on ukulele. Hilarious. Here is a caption of an earlier song (cannot remember the title, but it was beautiful)



Today, I played badminton with some friends, walked along the corniche, ate ice cream and sat on the beach. It was gorgeous! Mostly, it was awesome to be outside all afternoon. We drove with the windows open and sang along to Take a Load Off, Annie. I love the feeling of wind in my hair on a sunny day. Nothing makes me feel more alive or at home. It is such a sense of peace.


Elie took me to see the site he is working on. I did not take photos there, but wish I had as it was pretty cool. This villa his company is working on is a huge seaside property with a marina and heliport out back. The wealth here, as I just wrote to my mom, amazes me. It does not impress me, but it amazes me. And I feel bad for getting new shoes...

peace out...

2 Comments:

  • Ah the classic red velour (sp?) bunnyhug. Who can live without it? I was hoping for a new update but I guess I'll have to wait. Purchased myself a navy zip-up bunnyhug yesterday, semi-casual, work appropriate. I don't think I should start a count of how many zip-up hooded cardigans I have. It's the only thing I buy!

    By Blogger Anon, at 10:15 AM  

  • I love the red velour bunnyhug (hoody for the non-Saskies) . Cannot believe I survived without it for a whole year here...

    Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been busy with the day to day life tasks and haven't much of interest to report. Check back Friday for school trip to Dubai updates. XO

    By Blogger Granola Girl, at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home