.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Blowin in the Wind

We were listening to this song in guitar class and once again I fell in love with the lyrics and the interpreted meaning. It is so applicable in this society. How many times will a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesn't see? Bob Dylan, how did you know?

I am on a bit of an emotional roller coaster at the moment. I think Spring Break will save me. 6 more school days until my travelling companion and I go to Luxor (Egypt) then Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. We are so excited!!! Jenna and I always have crazy times together...remember Budapest? the Kuwait police station?... same friend. We have to be careful not to get our passports stamped with the forbidden land (Israel) or we will be denied re-entry to Kuwait. Though I wouldn't be so sad.

Went to a fun St. Patty's Day party at the home of some parents. Complete with green beverages and plenty of snacks. So great! Then I went home and slept like the dead for 6 hours straight. (8:30-2:30)

This week, my kitchen lights burnt out so I went down to the maintenance guys to get them replaced. But, they're OUT of lightbulbs. Sure, I could go buy more but it's the principle. I want my damn lights replaced when they burn out, not 3 days later. And I don't want to buy them. As of this morning, still no kitchen light. ARG!

I have been walking twice a week in the morning and that's good. I am trying to keep positive despite everything that stresses me out and makes me a little sad. Just going through one of those times where I wonder why I feel so restless and why I need to keep looking for something...when I don't know what that something is. Anyone?

Ultimately, I figured it out years ago but still feel like I haven't found it within myself. I just need a friend who loves me and a place where I fit in...I think I've got the friends. I am still working on that whole self acceptance business. That's the fitting in I need to do. It's hard, isn't it? When I think I have made a leap in the right direction, I find myself slipping backwards. There's something to be said for accepting we are works in progress, right?

I love my friends and family. Missing you dearly...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home