.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

AH!

I am going through a phase wherein I am tired of everything!

Here is a condensed list of things currently annoying me:

1. Walking on broken sidewalks.
2. Having to walk on the street because there is no sidewalk or because there is a random pile of bricks or barbed wire in the middle of the sidewalk.
3. People honking horns while I am walking off the sidewalk.
4. Taxi drivers honking while I am walking because clearly anyone who's walking actually wants to be in a taxi.
5. Overly zealous coffeeshop baristas. You cannot even pass by a coffeeshop in the mall without a chorus of "hello ma'am, good afternoon ma'am" from at least 5 of these people, bless their hearts. If a woman and man go together, you are referred to as "ma'amsir". No kidding.
6. Being called ma'am. Or ma'amsir.
7. Having to wait eternity to get a bill in a restaurant. Or even to be asked if I want another coffee...
8. The disgusting stench of perfume and cologne unique to the Middle East- very difficult for anyone who is sensitive to the smell of alcohol based perfumes. Ew. If I never smell that again, I will be happy.
9. Drivers who weave in and out of lanes, especially without even looking. People signal and then expect they can just move in to a lane without looking. Or they signal and leave their blinker on for the rest of the trip, or they neither signal nor look before moving over. So dangerous.
10. Attention from men simply for being female. Once, a man actually drew the outline of my figure in the air while walking past me. This is the first time I have ever told someone to @%#$ off and meant it. The worst part of that is, he probably liked it.
11. Men adjusting themselves in public. This is more common that you would ever imagine. (Daily occurrence) Maybe I am a prude.

Things that cheer me up (in no particular order)
1. Yoga
2. Walks (two mornings a week from 4:30 til 5:30)
3. Playing any brass instrument
4. Listening to good music. Currently, my favourite song is Drifters by Ron Sexsmith on the Lightfoot Tribute album, Beautiful.
5. Laughing my head off at the many ridiculous things that happen here.
6. Folk music club
7. Doing nice things for other people (karma yoga).
8. Sweet text messages wishing me a day as beautiful as I am. Cheesy but sweet.
9. Teaching words like postpone, procrastinate and analytical.
10. My high school band class of mostly seniors. So clever and funny.

Well, off to take treats to friends. Random acts of kindness always make me feel better.

Pace!

1 Comments:

  • HI Sweetie Pie. That is one cute monkey. I can't HELP it!!
    It sounds like maybe you had a frustrating day or two. I baked scones - that seemed to help me - maybe you should try it. I would definitely concur with the outlining and adjustment annoyances - very icky.
    Love Jen

    By Blogger Anon, at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home