.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Sunday, January 21, 2007

that lonely sinking feeling

I don't know what it is about this time of year, but I always seem to get a little down...or at least go on a rollercoaster of emotions. Does anyone else feel that way? I have been doing well and staying happy and positive then over the long weekend I crammed too much in and by the end was in a bad mood because I had spent barely any time alone.

Good things:

1. I cheered up by making perogies last night. They were so good (and I have heaps left). Thanks for the recipe and inspiration, Mom!
2. I have been a productive insomniac for the last couple days- baking muffins, cleaning the kitchen, reading. I used to just get angry and frustrated.
3. I got to hear live music on the weekend- cover tunes- but it was pretty fun.
4. High school finals are on this week and since I don't really give finals, I am only teaching a bit. This is nice but at the same time, the kids give me so much energy...
5. I finally got a Kuwait drivers' license

Not so good things:

1. I find most parties quite boring. What is wrong with me?
2. My insomnia is making me tired and giving me a headache.
3. I attempted to video my friend's band performance on the weekend but did not realize the camera was on pause for 10 mintes. Oops!
4. I have heaps of work I cannot motivate myself to do right now. I need to be busy to get stuff done.
5. It's really expensive to lease a car at this point in the year, but I really want to have the freedom.

Here's me with two of the other girls who live on my floor. We ordered Thai food from a local restaurant one night in November and I am addicted to the Pad Thai. Yummy!

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj2uE93Sa5d9lIf0g2h5VsvYway901rsiOMUD9EJha4cwX2-zsROACyN6XXsJRwai0d1IJ_6qZuvRMbY-2qkpQ2CYweTibfYmTSrfI_-45U0UZ3SZToF3svVE9JGawQcxeg_g/s1600-h/thai+dishes.JPG">

I guess there's more on my mind/ heart but it's too complicated to explain right now. Plus I am hopeful that I am perceiving things differently than they are and all will be set straight soon. Because...everything always works out perfectly, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home