.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

what the???

O Canada, what have you done? Stephen Harper??? Come on- you cannot be serious.

I have to take some personal responsibility. I did not vote from here. I could have, technically, but the election was called at the busiest time of year and to fill the forms and have them in on time was a bit daunting, then I was away for weeks and then it was the election. Oh dear.

Glad that Jack the and Democrats made some progress and we are slow to change aren't we? But Stephen Harper? Not that he can do much with the minority but even so. The upside for me is I'm not there to experience the doom and gloom.


Memories of India:

Walking around Kottyam (setting of God of Small Things, a novel I'd just finished reading) and being serenaded by a protest march of the Kerala Co-op workers. They were speaking Malayalam so I didn't know what they were saying but there were drums plus wind and brass instruments played. The march line was very long but also peaceful. Just walking through the streets making their point...very cool piece of life to witness.

Things I miss about India:

eating with my hands
masala dosa for breakfast
the beaches!
people telling me how beautiful I am at least once a day
motorcycle taxis
train chai "Chayaa, chayaa, coffee, coffee!" call the enthusiastic men who sell you the aforementioned drinks for 4 rupees (10 cents)
and for those of you in the know, so many HIGs only two eyes

Things I enjoy about being back home:

warm to hot showers
baths
laundry
lemon lavendar blueberry muffins

that's all for now.

take care, one and all

1 Comments:

  • Hello Ramona. I have to say even the conservatives have a minority, I'm still glad the liberals got a kick in the pants.

    By Blogger Anon, at 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home