.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Monday, November 21, 2005

Relative humidity

Today the air is so thick with humidity that breathing is nearly impossible. It's so bizarre for an arid country to be so humid. I figured it would storm last night and didn't, and it still hasn't rained today. Hoping for a brilliant thunderstorm tonight. That would be a treat.

I've come down with the flu bug for the last couple days. Three of the four music teachers have the same symptoms. I should have stayed home from school yesterday but I'm a sucker for punishment and forced myself to work anyway because I have so much to do.

Last night my friend Caroline brought me some Sprite (ginger ale is hard to find here). It made me feel a little better. Actually, today I feel much better. I think I was functioning at about 40% yesterday and today about 75%, so that's an improvement.

Things are really starting to wind up for me and I'm feeling the pressure of everything building up. Arg! I just have to stay focussed for another month, get heaps of work done, and then I can enjoy India for Winter Break.

As you can see, life can be pretty mundane here, too. Work, home, sleep, eat, shop, paperwork, etc. That's adulthood, I suppose. But in exciting news, the phone bill for my apartment was finally paid (it wasn't my bill) so soon I'll be getting internet hook up at home. Excellent!

Keep well and warm.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Ramony
    Only 19 working days left to go.... the home stretch and the days that count. I am glad to be back with the outdoor kids on day 17 til the end!!
    luv, Sue

    By Blogger paisleypalace, at 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home