.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

TGI...W?

This has been the longest week ever. Sometimes you just have those tiresome weeks where everyone is a bit down or exhausted and overwhelmed. So that was this week for me. I think it's because it started with a day of Parent-Teacher conferences.

I helped supervise a field trip to the Scientific Centre on Monday. That was fun as it's a cool place. We mainly visited the aquarium part where we saw sharks, rays, coral, alligators and other assorted marine life. Outside the Scientific Centre is a lovely spot in Kuwait. There's a long corniche (walking path next to the water), a decent view of the Kuwait Towers and there was a lovely breeze as the waves crashed in to the shore that morning. Sometimes I really love the scenery here.

Today I have a new surge of energy- possibly because- thank goodness it's WEDNESDAY. Remember that Thursday and Friday are the weekend days here in the Muslim world. I am so very happy about the weekend. I have no certain plans but am jsut excited to relax and take some time to myself.

My friend Jenna and I have planned a tomato soup, grilled cheese sandwich, hot chocolate and movie night for tonight. You see, life isn't so different in Kuwait. If I were in Tisdale, the evening may have included a trip to the Curling Lounge after school, now that it's the season. I miss those times.

It's pouring rain today. It has been rainy all week but today is a verifiable downpour and glorious thunderstorm. It's actually quite amazing. The school yard is flooded in some areas and I am grateful to have brought my waterproof jacket with me to Kuwait.

Well, I'm off to get some work done and enjoy the sound of the rain.

2 Comments:

  • Hey Buddy.
    I love rainy weather, you're making me jealous. We've got snow and cold, but it's warmed up today a bit. I didn't even have to scrape my windows!!
    I have been extra sleepy though, I think b/c my place is a little cold.
    This Friday is Ryan Schmidt's 29th birthday! So I'm going to attend one ot the SchmcKeague's lovely parties. Caileen said she's going to make lot's of little desserts.
    What kind of Christmas plans have you got? Will you be baking up a storm??
    Lots of Love,
    Jen

    By Blogger Anon, at 1:25 PM  

  • I need to ditto the previous comment... I love love love rainstorms, and now especially that there ios snow everywhere and in was down to minus 29 yesterday.... I could reslly use a nice afternoon thundershower, not to mention a nice afternoon without interning....
    I had a near meltdown again today. Tears welled up in my eyes as I treid to imagine what I was going to do about my period 3 lesson plan, but it came and went and wasn't bad. ANother day.
    Luv ya,
    Sue

    By Blogger paisleypalace, at 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home