.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Internal clock disruption

Hello again.

Today I am preparing for another Open House, this time it's Middle School. My grade 7&8 band is playing after staff introductions. It will be brief and they will play just fine. Then I will leave here after 9:00pm which disrupts the old sleep schedule. Luckily, tomorrow is Wednesday, last day of the school week.

This weekend is full of fun activities. Wednesday night is a girls' party where we'll wear our PJs, watch Desparate Housewives and eat chocolate. Thursday night is a big party at our apartment complex for all the staff. My friend Caroline and I are going to a big Irish society party at the Hilton. It includes a meal, a live band (I think) and beverages that Irish people like to drink. It costs 10 dinar which is almost $40 CAN. Sounds a bit ridiculous, but that is (literally) the price you have to pay for fun. It's a once in a while thing. Friday is practice for the musical revue and then...weekend's up and time to go back to work.

Today is payday! Finally!!! A couple weeks ago I discovered that my Credit Union bank card expired at the end of August, so I have been buying groceries on credit and purchasing nothing else lest I spend my last 5 dinar (almost $20 CAN) frivolously...
Except that I went to Dairy Queen last night. There is a DQ near where we live, on the Hilton resort area just around from the Starbucks, so you can get a to-go ice cream (I got a Snickers blizzard) and walk along the groomed beach. Pretty.

Anyhow, back to the money situation. Luckily, the CU sent another card to my mom, who is sending it to me and it should also arrive today. It will be great to have cash again so I can go and pick up some clothes I had made at the fabric souk.

Souk: store or mall; bakala: convenience store; Sultan Centre: large supermarket.

As for my sleeping, is it possible to sleep too much? Apparently so because I now wake up at 3:30 am on my own, no alarm. This is a bit ridiculous. I even stayed up until after 10 last night so I would sleep until my alarm this morning at 4:00. Didn't happen. My internal clock is very confused. I eat breakfast at 5:30 so by 10:00 this morning I was absolutely ready for lunch. And by after school I'll be super hungry again. And so it goes.

Not much else to report. I am still loving my job and my colleagues and having fun. Oh, last weekend...last weekend I went for lunch with my friends Chad and Tara and their 2 1/2 year old son Gabriel, who calls me Rona. We went to Vegetarian Indian restaurant and they had a special. A banana leaf layed out in front of you like a huge placemat served as a plate, then they put a variety of salads, curries, sauces and rice on top. Delicious! very asthetically pleasing. I wish I'd had my camera. Alas, another time...

We were in the more downtown/heritage area which definitely needs some more exploration. It's a nice area as you can see some of the old culture combined with the modern architecture. There are also people sweeping garbage so it's much cleaner than the filthy area where we are housed.

So with that I bid you well and hope you keep reading and hopefully enjoying this page. Please feel free to question or comment on what you read. Makes it more fun for me...

Love,
R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home