.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Monday, October 17, 2005

No business like show business

Greetings all!

After a week of intense rehearsals and performances at KLT, finally I am able to go to bed before 11:00pm again. We had so much fun in our show, and the cast party afterwards was excellent- we watched the video of the performance. Out 'til 3:30am and could have stayed up longer...I was so into the whole experience that I thought I would sign up for the next theatre production. Sadly, after reflecting further on my schedule, I realized that I would have no personal time if I did that. Things get pretty busy with concerts and other preparation and elementary school soccer practice, starting after Eid.

Eid (eed) is the holiday following Ramadan. It is currently scheduled to be five days (November 2-6)in length but may be extended as it apparently often is. Some friends and I have been planning to travel to Oman where we will watch turtles lay eggs one day and return the next day to watch them hatch. But as it goes, we probably will not have our civil IDs by that point, meaning we cannot leave the country. Poo on that. It's only two weeks away.

I have conditioned myself not to become too disappointed when things don't work out, so I am almost content to stay here and hang around with whomever is here, which will apparently be many of us since our Civil IDs are not yet processed. Dinner parties, brunches, walks, shopping trips to the Heritage Souks..okay, I would rather go to Oman where the beaches are more pristine and we could do some camping and see the turtles...but life will go on.

Not much else to update, school is going well and life is good.



Here is a picture from Mad Musicals at KLT- the Beauty School Drop out where the three of us in pink wigs were ravishing do-wop girls.

1 Comments:

  • you look so hot in your HARAM shoulders!!
    I miss you so much it hurts!!!! I love hearing your stories and reading your Arabic lessons too. I am sitting in a traditional Princa Albertian "Dewanija" (sorry of for the spelling) right now enjoying your blog and of course developing unit plans.
    It ain't so bad Becasue I'm gonna survive, and life is a pretty sweet fruit!
    Su

    By Blogger paisleypalace, at 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home