.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weather Report

For much of the time I have lived in Kuwait, the weather has been consistent for a period of time. What I mean is there is not a lot of fluctuation from day to day or even week to week. This year is different. We have had rain, sandstorms, thunderstorms, and hot sunny days all since Friday. Friday morning started off cool and cloudy and as the clouds lifted and I stayed out in the sun helping with the cross country running meet our school was hosting, I sunburnt my face quite badly. In fact, I look like a strawberry, or a red faced raccoon from the white marks around my eyes due to the huge sunglasses I was wearing.

Saturday was cool, windy, rainy and there was even a little thunderstorm. Today- default back to sandstorm, the bane of my existence. Try teaching band- everyone, take a full, deep breath and ah!ah!ahahah! (choking sounds from dust drying the throat and I don't even think about what my lungs must look like after a few years here).

I was hosting some coaches for Cross Country running, so my weekend consisted of early mornings and driving people around. This is fine, but I really need this upcoming long weekend to recover. Cannot wait to get to Beirut to check out my new place.

Keep well and warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home