.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Freddo

Hello everyone- the lovely young girl who works at the internet cafe just brought me a delicious freddo- Greek Iced coffee. I love these things- espresso, ice, sugar and cream. Yum.

I spent a couple days in Athens before heading to the island of Evia for a Thai Yoga massage class. My friend took the class last August and loved it so I decided to follow suit. It was structured as follows- half an hour of meditation in the mornings and evenings, an hour and a half of yoga and qi gong, three delicious, organic vegetarian meals, 6 hours of instruction and massage practice, and siesta times involving some quick trips to the beach, the internet cafe, sleeping and reading on the hammocks in the yard, visiting. It's quite fabulous.

Ths massage course was harder than I thought it would be for me. I have often given massages and been appreciated for them. Since there was so much focus on the technique, I often lost my intuition and had to work hard on the technique. After some more practice, I will be able to combine the two more again. Actually, I did improve immensely over the 10 days and I cannot wait to practice on friends and family. It would have been nice to do this before coming to Canada, but there's next summer. And then I will have lots of practice and be quite skilled by then. Indeed.

The place where I took the course is called the Sunshine House and the teachers were wonderful. There is a lovely yard and the folks in the class were wonderful and fun. I feel like a new person. We stayed in little cabins like summer camp- me, two Autrian girls and a Vietnamese woman from Paris. I gained good spiritual insights and feel like I am proceeding on a good path. I am also inspired to learn more yoga, qi gong, naturopathic healing based on Indian and Chinese medicines. I suppose I gained motivation to practice yoga in a more specific way, as well.

One of my Austrian roommates gave me a haircut this morning. I wanted a trim but it turned into a full on chin length bob. Again. This haircut is like home- I always return to it. As it emphasizes my giraffe neck, I will simply wear my scarves more often.

My freddo is finished. I have another day at the Sunshine House, just hanging out and enjoying reading and visiting, meditating and practicing. Life is good. Then I am off to Syria to visit my friend/tour guide/ boyfriend who I mentioned two entries ago. I will post about June and July (Istanbul, Saskatoon and Winnipeg) over the next while and hopefully incorporate some pictures.

Love and light.

Enjoy summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home