.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Going back in time

I am at the internet cafe again. Tomorrow I head into Athens to fly to Aleppo, Syria. I am still at the Sunshine House- check out their website if you like- http://www.thaimassage.gr/. There are a few other people- Takis and Kerys who run the place (Takis is the main teacher and inherited this house and land on Evia from his family), their children aged 27 months and 7 months, some wwoofers (willing workers on organic farms)and a couple other folks. A family who is friends with Kerys and Takis arrived today with their kids. It's still got this summer camp vibe to it, like we're getting ready for the next batch of kids to arrive. I helped out around the house today, cleaned up my cabin for the next residents, ran some errands with Charlotte,(she assists with running the programs and makes all this delicious food every day), swam in the sea, played with the kids, biked to the internet cafe...so nice.

It's hard to believe 2 weeks have passed since I arrived in Greece. And about 3 weeks ago I was taking my conducting class in Winnipeg with other fabulous teachers and students. I have definitely found great paths to follow to be constantly surrounded by these incredible communities of people who are full of life, joy, passion and courage. The universe does take care of us...

My time this summer has been spent as follows- June 13- 22 in Istanbul (that's a different entry), June 24-July 18 in Saskatoon, July 18-25 in Winnipeg and then back to Saskatoon for 2 days before heading to Athens. It's been good and I've realized I need more time in classes and having specific things to do. I did not enjoy lazing around- I felt bad about myself, even though I did enjoy watching the TV series House.

I did have an excellent time catching up with friends and family. It was great to visit my grandparents at the farm a couple times, and spend some time with my mom. It was pretty cool to see my brother and his family again. My nephews are growing up quickly as kids do. They are hilarious. Last summer, I met little Thomas just hours after he was born. This summer, I videotaped some of the first steps of this large baby who is now a whole year old. It's nice.

So, next post will be either about Syria or further back in time to Istanbul. I want to wait until I have my own computer hooked to the net so I can show pictures.

Yassos...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home