.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Friday, June 09, 2006

One more week!

This morning as I was on the bus to school, I noted that in EXACTLY ONE WEEK, factoring the time difference, I would be in the Saskatoon Airport. Oh joy! Oh bliss! I was thinking how the sun will have just set and it won't even be really dark yet.

The humidity has subsided and now the heat is somewhat more tolerable. I am finding the end of year much more bearable than the beginning, both in temperature and living conditions. It's like the end of high school when everyone just gets along and wishes they'd gotten to know people better, or that they'd been just a little nicer, or a little more social (that's my case). We all put our differences aside and work jsut get along.

We had a great poolside party on Thursday night. I made heaps of sushi, Thai noodle salad and strawberry shortcake. My friend Jenna and I made veggie skewers on the bbq and she also baked a ham. How did she get a ham? you may ask...in case you forgot, pork is HARAM (forbidden) here. Well, some people who work on the army base or through the embassy can get pork products and this guy who was trying to win her over brought her one.

Top two ways to win a girls' heart in Kuwait:

1. Pork products (even the vegetarians will pass them along to friends who will be forever grateful)
2. REAL, brand name wine or other such liquids. Forget the flowers, and the chocolates would melt by the time they arrived these days.

My witty comment of the evening: I was looking at all the food I'd made and its lovely presentation, and said "All this and yet I am constantly being rejected by men! What is wrong with this picture?"

So back to the poolside party:
a couple guys were down by the pool with guitars, and others brought drums so we sang and played and drummed for most of the evening. We took intermission to eat and to jump (or be tossed in) the pool. IT was a great time, one of my favourite evenings I've had at home.

Since the Canadian delegation has a 6 hour layover in Frankfurt, some of us are going to take the train downtown to look around and go for cappuccino and pastries before getting on that long flight to Toronto. I have decided this will make the day seem more like it's worthwhile, since we actually get to see and do something on our stop. It will sure helps break up the monotony of the day in the airports and airplanes.

Well, I may not write again before I leave because I need to stop procrastinating and get some actual work done. So, Friday, 9:05pm. I think it will be family time after that (I'll be up for something a little crazier on Saturday night). I will go ahead and do this without my mom's permission but I think we can hang out in the backyard after I get out of the airport. Feel free to bring Sleeman's or Grasshopper, a big hug and some pictures from year. I am not sure how late I'll be able to stay up. I know it sounds boring, but I'd like to get in a bit of a routine straight away. Otherwise it's hard to function.

See you soon.
xoxoxoxoxoxo

1 Comments:

  • Hello Lovely Ramona. Looking forward to seeing on Friday!!

    By Blogger Anon, at 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home