.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Aaaaaah!

Hi everyone. It's 4:00pm on Saturday, the first day of the work week. I am still at school and will be here until around 7:00pm because we have a 5th grade band concert at 6. Hurray.

I have a touch of insomnia, it seems. I woke up this morning and laid in bed for quite some time before I heard the first prayer call. The first call to prayer is currently at 3:25am. I awoke from a bizarre and disturbing dream. I cannot describe it but it left me feeling weird all day.

And now, it's Sunday and I am trying to sort through 50 some musical instruments, 80 some books, oh how I love this time of year.

The Grade 5s did relatively well in their concert. It was short and sweet and now it's one less thing to do. I only have three more evenings to give up now. High School Grad, Grade 5 Moving On (to Middle School) and Grade 8 Promotion. And only 2 of those 3 nights involve performances. Great.

After the concert, my music colleagues (and best friends here)and I had a couple drinks and watched Corner Gas. World's Biggest is still my favourite episode, though Pandora's Wine comes a close second. No matter how many times I watch that show, it still cracks me up.

Wes: We can use sheet metal and an old telephone pole.
Woman: No, the wood's too dry, it will crack.
Lacey and Brent: Crack hoe!
Brent to Lacey: You're really enjoying this, aren't you?
Lacey: You have no idea...
..it never fails to induce uproarious laughter...

Many of the staff here have enjoyed Corner Gsa, Seasons 1 &2. Thanks, Mom, for those. Now I am popular and have lots of friends and always a topic of conversation. Apparently Season 3 is on Orbit (satellite network here). If only I had a TV and cable and time to watch...

And that said, I best get back to the musical instruments and figuring things out for the next couple days.

On the official countdown, 12 days to go. A bientot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home