.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A new record

Today, for the first time in my four years of teaching, I am taking a sick day. I am not even really sick any more. Last week I felt as though I’d been hit by a truck and earlier this week I was coughing so much that I woke myself up at night, so finally I decided to take the day to rest. The thing was that I always felt okay in the mornings but by the time noon rolled around I was about ready to throw in the towel. My poor 6th graders asked why I even came to school if I was so sick (after I coughed for a couple minutes in frot of them and was ultra grumpy). The only way I made it through yesterday was by knowing today I would stay home, finish reading Oryx and Crake, eat whenever and whatever I wanted, do laundry and sleep as much as I could.

Later this afternoon, I will still go to my SCUBA class.

I am using my computer on a friend’s internet connection. My computer is still set to Saskatchewan time, 5:46AM. So there you are, just waking up or waking up soon and for me, it is nearly 3pm. It will be a tough adjustment when I get home but I figure by then I will again be so sleep deprived that I can konk out as soon as the lights go down.

I cannot remember if I have recommended the movie SYRIANA to you, but it is an excellent insight into the Gulf states and social norms. If you have a chance, please watch it, or when I get home we can do a big showing of it and I can offer a few personal insights and comparisons to Kuwait.

That is all I have to offer to you today. Have a nice rest of the week and write soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home