.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Friday, March 14, 2008

Thank goodness I am in the right profession...

I have never really worked on a play before. Not a real play. The MS production we just had was a very positive experience. The director, my fabulously talented colleague, told me she wanted to work with me on everything. I feel the same way. I am so lucky to be surrounded by positive people with immense energy and talent. I am relieved to be finished as I spent 12-14 hours a day at school every day but Sunday. I also devoted most of my preparation time to regrouping. Anyway, I am not complaining, as it feels so good to be part of something that is meant to touch people on a depper level.

I spent most of today in my beautiful apartment, slowly combing through stuff, throwing more things out and organizing other items. Paper takes up a lot of time to sift and sort. I now have to get just a few more organizational pieces (boxes for photos), then get some more photos deveopled and framed, then hang up the photos and art work and my apartment will be a near masterpiece. The kitchen is so lovely already. It makes such a huge difference to have a livealbe kitchen that opens into the living room.

Here a a couple photos from our jazz gig last weekend. The venue was nice- an outdoor stage with a good sound system, a hill with grass (the only one in Kuwait) and some trees...too bad the folks that hired us were not that interested in our music so we ended up playing 1 and a quarter sets before packing up. No matter, we still got 50KD each, which is pretty good. The drive wasn't as long as predicted, either, and it was a place I'd never been. A bit of a treat. I think I must go back sometime before the weather gets too hot.




Well, I best be going. I have some tentative plans for tonight and need to get a little walk in as the only exercise I've had all day is walking from one room to another, throwing things in the trash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home