.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Saturday, November 17, 2007

recently...

I have discovered a nostalgic appreciation for The Tragically Hip. Sort of like Dire Straits, the Hip is a part of my subconscience that evokes memories of times past. Dire Straits takes me back to some of my earliest memories, whereas the Hip takes me to late High School and early university days. My current favourite Hip songs are Fiddler's Green and Wheat Kings, which I listened to about 5 times in a row yesterday.

I have been working on my resume and cover letter lately. It's important to keep up to date. As much as I like my job, I am pretty tired of Kuwait. I miss being able to hop on a bus with all my band kids and go somewhere. I miss public transit and SEASONS! I miss live music and pubs and libraries, people interacting in meaningful ways. I miss anonymity. That said, I have some fabulous friends here. There is a true sense of community among many people.

The other day, I was looking after my friends' 9 month old daughter. I took her over to some other friends' apartment and we all just hung out and played with the baby. It takes a community to raise a child, right?

Yesterday, I hosted a clothing swap and some nice gals came over and we had a really fun time trying on eachother's clothes. Everyone was so nice and so happy to pass their ill fitted clothing on to friends. The leftovers will be donated to embassies for women seeking amnesty and to the U.S. troops for soldiers heading home requiring civilian clothes for the ride home.

I baked some Lemon Lavendar Blueberry muffins tonight. Whenever we have a department meeting, I give reminders (usually with food) to my colleagues. They seem to appreciate it.

I am reminded of the preciousness of life and the importance of treating others with love and respect.

So, take care out there.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Ramona. Thanks for the posts. I, personally, detest resume making.
    I do, however, love those lavender muffins of yours.
    Hope you are well!
    Jen ( not Travis, Darren's brother who's visiting!)

    By Blogger Travis L Dyck, at 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home