.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Lucky number 17

When I was a kid, I won a cake at my Elementary School Fun Night. I was on the number 17 in the cakewalk when...I cannot remember what happened...the music stopped???

Today, when I was thinking I could not take it anymore (work, not life), I started to count down the school days up to and including December 17, our last day before winter break. 17. I think I can make it. I only have to do the following things: run one more department meeting, do purchase orders for myself, check over the purchase orders in my department, assist in organizing the Winter Festival of Songs (the happiest concert of the year), take 20 kids and 2 more coaches to Cairo for the Forensics and Debate tournament...work tooth and nail to get some of my students debating consistently with knowledge, passion and conviction. And progress reports. And teach and plan what I am going to teach.

And start applying for jobs. That will involve completing my cover letter. Blast. And a philosophy of education. Double blast.

As you can tell, I have little time for procastination. 17 school days. help!

I went to Thanksgiving Dinner with American friends last evening. Fun. I loaded up on dessert. Tara makes this ridiculously delicious pecan pie...wow.

Okay, well I think I have to go now to get some work done.

Peace be with you all.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home