.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Granola to Go

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Q8 Update

Greetings and apologies for lack of recent blogging. I have been SO busy since the Eid break (the now famous police station incident) I have not had time to sit and collect my thoughts. Still this post will be brief as my days are mostly jam-packed with school, yoga and sleep.

Last weekend I spent and evening in the desert with some friends, looked at out of commission satellites shot up during the 1990 invasion, and had a picnic. It was pretty sweet, we actually saw a few stars. That's about the most exciting thing of late as school (because I am coaching debate) consumes much of my time.

Ana, Jose, Josef and me!

The jazz band has had no more gigs though we finally got paid for the one we played, which was a pretty big chunk of change (35KD- over 100 Canadian Dollars! each). Which makes me think it's about time for another pedicure. Check out this hilarious picture created by the photographer who had a thing for me. Remember by sheer virtue of being female, I am the subject of much male interest.

Currently, I have several addictions:

Music
All the Roadrunning- a recent duet by Mark Knopfler and EmmyLou Harris
Fall at Your Feet- Jesse Cook
Firecracker- The Wailin' Jennys
Wait- Fruit (and Australian group I heard at the WFF this summer)

Food
Pad Thai from the little restaurant called Thai Dishes , a convenient 10 minute walk from our apartments
Pumpkin Spice Lattes made with soy milk from that evil coffee shop (I have only had 2 but find my thoughts drifting to coffee often- though perhaps that's just a sign of fatigue.

Other
Soaking my feet in hot water and rubbing them with peppermint pumice foot scrub

Because it's the small things.

hope eveyone is well and happy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home